In Ardha Vakrasana, the upper part of the body is twisted and the spine and the back muscles are stretched.
- Sit on the floor with the legs stretched in front, keep the legs parallel to each other.
- Bend the right leg and place it behind the knee of the left leg.
- Place the left hand on the left knee. Place the right hand on the waist.
- Keep the trunk straight. Turn backwards on the waist.
- Remain in this position for six to eight seconds. Inhale slowly.
- Revert back to the original position.
- Practice this asana with the other leg stretched, turning the trunk on the other side.
- Repeat this asana four to five times daily.
- This asana affects chiefly the waist and the abdominal organs.
- It stimulates the spermatozoa glands of men and the Uterinal organs of women.
- This asana helps in reducing pain in the abdomen and the waist.
- It cures constipation and other abdominal ailments.