Kandapeepanasana is difficult to perform. This asana presses the Kanda (the place near the navel). So it is called Kandapeedanasana.
Technique of Kandapeepanasana:
- Sit on the floor. Bend the legs at the knees.
- Bring the feet towards the trunk until the heels are close to the perineum, and keep the knees on the floor.
- Join the palms in front of the chest.
- Keep the trunk erect. Keep the nose, the palms and the feet in a vertical straight line.
- Breathe in tin normal way.
- This asana should be practiced with caution Persons whose thighs and calves are heavy will find it difficult to practice this asana. T
- hose having a slim body can perform this asana comfortably.
Advantages of Kandapeepanasana:
- Kandapeepanasana cures all kinds of ailments and disorders of the knees. It also cures arthritis.
- It strengthens the calves, arteries and veins.
- It stimulates Kundalini Shakti.
- This asana is the same as Padmasana or Siddhasana, so it has all the benefits of Padmasana and Siddhasana.