This asana is very beneficial to the waist and the abdomen. It is a bit difficult to practice but with continuous and regular practice, one will be able to practice it with ease.
- Lie flat on the back. Raise both the legs up.
- Now hold the left toe with the left hand and the right toe with the right hand.
- Then straighten both the legs. Inhale deeply.
- The head and the waist should be firmly attached to the floor.
- Remain in this position for about ten seconds and then revert to the original position.
- In the beginning, practice this asana four times daily. Later, it can be practiced six times a day.
Advantages of Katiasana:
- Katiasana cures all the diseases of the waist.
- It is a sure remedy for colic pain.
- It strengthens the lungs and the shoulders.
- It stimulates the blood circulation in the heart, purifies the blood and prevents heart-troubles.