The posture of the body while practicing this asana resembles Nataraja. So this asana is called Natarajasana. The pose inspires one to go ahead and work.
- Stand erect with both the legs straight.
- Keep the arms straight by the sides and look straight.
- Bend either leg at the knee and raise it backwards.
- Hold the foot with the corresponding hand.
- Stretch the other arm in the opposite direction and look straight in that direction.
- Hold the position for eight to ten seconds.
- Repeat the exercise standing on the other leg.
- In the beginning, this asana can be practiced four times a day.
- Later, it can be practiced six times a day.
Advantages of Natarajasana :
- Natarajasana exercises all the joints of the body.
- It gives sufficient exercise to the shoulders, the hips, the knees, the ankles, the palms, the fingers and the spine.
- It relieves the pain in the waist and makes the waist flexible.