Note: A person desirous of enhancing or boosting the effects of Vaata naashak mudra can combine it with Kapha kaarak mudra The Pitta kaarak mudra brings about an increase in the Pitta humor within the body.
At the same time, it effects a reduction in the Kapha humor within the body. It can, therefore, also be called kapha naashak mudra.
This mudra is formed by first placing the ring and the little fingers on the base of the thumb and then bringing gentle pressure of the thumb upon these fingers.
This mudra increases the Pitta humor but decreases the Kapha humor within the body. Pitta is concerned with the bodily heat (digestion/metabolism) and the circulatory system. These entities are stimulated and reinforced by this mudra.
This is an excellent mudra for people having a kapha excess or a Pitta deficiency in their bodies. They can regularly perform this mudra even to prevent illness. However, people who have an excess of Pitta (heat) in their bodies should practice it in moderation, if at all.
Benefits of Pitta Kaarak Mudra / Kapha Nashak Mudra:
- Lack of enthusiasm, initiative, Slowness of perception, activities,
- Low self-esteem,
- All problems which is worse in winter (intolerance of cold)
- Coldness of skin, hands, feet,oily, greasy skin or hair
- Absent or scanty perspiration
- Loss of appetite,
- Indigestion, slow digestion,
- Obesity, easy Weight-gain,
- Underactivity of the thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Oligomenorrhoea (scanty menses)
- Excessive mucous in the respiratory/digestive i tracts causing colds, wet cough, sticky stools, etc.
- Eye ailments like watering, stickiness, etc.
- Disorders caused by an excess of earth and water elements within the body [see Prithvi shaamak (Surya) and Jal shaamak mudras].
30 to 45 minutes every day, either at one stretch, or in 3 parts (i:e., for 10 to 15 minutes, thrice a day).
A person having a pronounced Pitta constitution should perform this mudra in moderation, if at all.
A person desirous of enhancing or boosting the effects of Boosting the Effects of Pitta Kaarak Mudra can combine it with Vaata naashak mudra.