In this asana, one has to balance the body on one leg, hence it is called Santulanasana.
- Stand straight and erect on the ground. Keep the body straight and erect.
- Look straight. Keep the arms on the sides.
- Bend either leg at the knee, keeping the knee facing downwards and the heel upwards.
- Hold the foot of this leg with the corresponding hand.
- Raise the other arm close to the ear.
- Hold this position for eight to ten seconds. Repeat this exercise with the other leg.
- In the beginning, practice this asana four times a day.
- Later, it can be practiced six times a day.
Advantages of Santulanasana:
- Santulanasana exercises every joint of the body.
- It alleviates the pain in the joints.
- It properly exercises the ankles, the knees and the fingers. This exercise teaches one how to maintain balance on one leg.