For Sheethalee Pranayama Sit in Sukhasana I Siddhasana I Padmasana. Place your hands on the knees. Observe Dhyana mudra.
Exhale through nose. Stretch out tongue and make it curved shape (half moon
shape). Inhale deeply and slowly through this passage made by the tongue. After 5 counts, exhale from nostrils. Repeat for 3 to 4 times depending on the requirements.
Asthmatics, phlegm Nature (kapha prakruthi) should not do this. People suffering from tonsillitis should NOT practice this. During winter, if necessary, it can be practiced once.
Benefits of Sheethalee Pranayama:
- Do this when you want to drink water. You can postpone drinking of water for about one and half hours.
- Drinking of water is prohibited while practicing Pranayama and Yogasanas.
- This Pranayama can be practiced to quench your thirst and hunger also.
- This Pranayama has the potential to reduce bad cholesterol, improve blood circulation and purify the blood by flushing out toxins.
- You will find cure for high BP and bile (pitha) problem will go away.
- People having knee pain should practice this for 3 to 4 times to get rid of the pain.