For Ujjayee Pranayama Sit in Vajrasana if possible. Or else sit in any meditate-able posture.
Contract muscles of your throat as much as possible. Inhale through both nostrils making buzzing sound and try to hold the breath in your throat while making Jalandhara Bandha.
After a few seconds, close the right nostril with right thumb and exhale forcefully from left nostril to derive maximum benefit.
Initially, don’t hold the breath for longer time. After a few weeks of practice, you will be able to do it for 8 to 10 seconds.
You can repeat this for 5 to 6 times.
Benefits of Ujjayee Pranayama:
- Cold, cough are prevented or cured.
- Reason for obesity is improper functioning of thyroid and para-thyroid glands which will find solution.
- One doesn’t need to consume tablets for a life time after taking advice from one’s doctor.
- Insomnia, mental agony, BP problem, tonsillitis, voice complications and various other throat difficulties will find cure from this Ujjayee Pranayama.
- Pain in the neck and upper parts of spinal cord will vanish.
- It is rightly suited for singers. After doing Ujjayee Pranayama, do practice Shankha mudra. Melodious nightingale’s voice will be yours.