Urdhva Samyukta Padmasana is a very useful asana. Proficiency is accomplished after some vigorous efforts.
There are two techniques for the performance of this asana. Both the techniques are explained below.
Technique 1 :
- First attain Shirshasana.
- Then fold the legs double at the knees so that the legs are perpendicular to the torso.
- The practice of this asana needs some strength and vigour.
- Keep the head on the ground.
- Place the palms at some distance from the head firmly fixed on the ground.
- Then raise the body with the force of the hands, and fold the legs double at the knees.
- Join the heels.
- It is advisable to take the support of a wall in the initial stage.
- Only those who can practice Shirshasana for ten to fifteen minutes should try to practice this asana.
- Initially practice this asana for five minutes. Later, slowly increase the time up to the limit of fifteen minutes.
Advantages of Urdhva Samyukta Padmasana:
- This asana belongs to the category of Urdhva Padmasana. So it has all the advantages of Urdhva Padmasana.
- In this asana, as the body stands on the head, the veins begin to function smoothly.
- The regular practice of this asana increases the memory power, prolongs life and keeps the body in sound health. One who performs this asana gets full control over the body.