This asana is a variation of Tolasana. It is a little difficult to practice. An aspirant must have strong arms to practice this asana.
- Rest the palms on the floor in such a way that the lower parts of the shoulders lie between the calves and the thighs.
- Raise the feet from the floor and balance the entire body on the hands. Interlock the feet.
- Hold the breath.
- Slowly increase the duration of time to the limit of five minutes.
Advantages of Utthita Dwihastabhujasana :
- Utthita Dwihastabhujasana gives the maximum exercise in the minimum time.
- It strengthens the muscles of the arms and the legs.
- It cures all the diseases which Utthita Padmasana helps to cure. It has all the benefits of Bakasana.