In this asana, the upper part of the body is completely turned and twisted. The spine, the muscles of the hands, the legs and the back are stretched.
- Sit on the ground with the legs stretched out.
- Place the left leg near the right knee, stretching out the left hand behind the back, with the palm of the hand flat resting on the ground.
- Then press the left knee with the right arm and put the palm on the ground.
- Keep the waist erect and look as far backward as possible.
- Practice this asana four to six times a day turning to the left side and to the right side alternately.
- Gradually, increase the time. The limit is five minutes.
- This asana strengthens the spine and activates the nerves.
- he mouth of the Sushumna opens and Kundalini Shakti is sublimated.
- This asana invigorates the muscles of the loins.
- Purna Vakrasana bestows all the benefits gained by performing Ardha Vakrasana.