This asana is a variation of Halasana. One should perform it only when one masters Halasana. In this asana,the body takes the shape of a circle and so it is called Vartulasana.
- Lie on the back and first practice Halasana.
- Then slowly raise the arms and hold the toes with the hands.
- Do not give a jerk to the body while doing this exercise.
- Hold this position for eight to ten seconds.
- Then slowly raise the legs up and without giving the body a jerk bring them back to the ground in the original position.
- Then place the arms straight by the sides of the hips.
Advantages of Vartulasana :
- This asana increases youthful energy because it invigorates the sexual organs. This asana is helpful for curing impotence.
- It reduces fat around the loins.
- It gives enough exercise to the blades of the shoulders.
- It enhances the benefits acquired by Sarvangasana.
- It has all the benefits of Halasana.